Useful Links

We know how important it is to be informed.

So, we thought of you and put some helpful links for you and your car.

Get a reminder when your MOT is due

You must get an MOT for your vehicle every year once it’s 3 years old.

Vehicle insurance

You must have motor insurance for your vehicle if you use it on roads and in public places.

Tax the vehicle

You need to tax the vehicle before you can use it on the road.

Check vehicle for the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) and/or (LEZ)

Find out if your vehicle meets the emissions standards required for the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) and/or the Low Emission Zone (LEZ):

Update your driving licence

You must update your provisional or full driving licence when you move.

Update your vehicle's log book (V5C)

You must update your vehicle log book (V5C) if you change your address or name. It’s normally free to update it.

Update your personalised number plate documents

If you have a private registration number and it’s not on a vehicle, you must update your V750 or V778 documents.

Get a private (personalised) number plate

Find out what you need to do to use a private number plate on your vehicle.